Time to swap out your boring lunch sandwiches for some mouthwatering turkey lettuce wraps. If this isn’t your go to lunch meal right now, it will be after the first bite. This meal is packed with protein and nutrients and only requires 10 mins to make, it can even be served as an appetizer for guest! Top it off with some spicy salsa or homemade guacamole and you’ll be on your way to your new favorite treat!
Ground turkey meat
Iceberg or romaine lettuce
Creole Seasoning , Red Pepper, and Garlic powder
1. Chop up your choice of toppings/ vegetables. I typically dice up a few onions, tomatoes and jalapeños to use as topping for my lettuce wraps but feel free to get creative.
2. Heat up a skillet with olive oil.
3. Toss in your turkey meat and sprinkle creole seasoning, garlic powder and red pepper on top. Continue mixing the meat and seasoning and cook until done 4-6 minutes (if meat is already defrosted)
4. Once the meat is done take a plate and begin breaking off big pieces of your ice berg lettuce. I do 4-6 pieces.
5. Then in each iceberg lettuce pour in some ground meat.
6. Once the ground meat is evenly divided on to the lettuce wraps, add on your toppings.
7. For a dipping sauce try either using some spicy salsa or fresh guacamole!
8. Now it’s time for my favorite part, eating and enjoying your meal!
9. If you like the recipes and would like more be sure to LIKE this post and SUBSCRIBE.
Move over Pappasitos because Chef Kie just whipped up some eye rolling to the back of the head quesadillas that will surely make a non believer believe again. This chicken and spinach quesadilla is so appealing not only to the eye but to the stomach as well, my stomach literally starting growling again as I looked at this picture. This recipe is simple and only takes 15-20 minutes to prep and make.
- Bell pepper
- Cheese of choice
- Wheat Tortilla
- Creole Seasoning
- Red pepper
- Garlic powder
- If using chicken breast dice them up into small pieces.
- Heat up skillet with oil and place in the chicken.
- Sprinkle 2 spoons of creole seasoning, 1 spoon of red pepper, 1 spoon garlic powder, 1 spoon of paprika all over the chicken. Continue to mix in all the ingredients.
- Cook chicken for 5-7 minutes or until brown.
- In a separate skillet cook the onions and red bell pepper until it’s pleasing to your liking. I personally like my onions grilled a lot so it can be anywhere from 4-6 minutes.
- Get a tortilla and spread oil on one side of it. Place the side with the oil in a skillet.
- Spread cheese on half of the tortilla.
- On the same half with the cheese put a few spinach leaves, then the chicken, bell pepper and onions.
- Fold over the tortilla. Use spatula to press it down.
- Cook on each side for 3-4 minutes. Be sure to cook it on low so it does not burn.
- Plate the quesadilla and cut into 3 pieces.
- Now enjoy!
- If you like this post be sure to like and subscribe for new post daily!
If you’re like half of America then mornings are always fast pace leaving little to no time for breakfast. Well today must be your lucky day because boy do I have a quick breakfast recipe that requires no work in the morning, simply just a grab and go. What might this recipe be you ask? Overnight oats.
This meal is not only delicious but includes enough protein to jump start your day. From strawberries and almond milk to kiwi and Greek yogurt, the combination possibilities are endless.
The recipe I will be sharing with you include bananas, peanut butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon. I like to think of it as my homemade take on banana pudding, trust me, after the first bite you will see why. Recipe down below.
If you enjoyed reading this post be sure to like and subscribe for new post!
- Whole grain oats
- Almond Milk
- Greek Yogurt
- Peanut Butter
- First start by taking a mason jar or small container and filling it up 1/3 of the way with the whole grain oats. Sprinkle a little cinnamon over the oats.
- Then pour in the almond milk so that it covers all of the oats in the container. (Similar to the picture below)
- Over the milk smear in your choice of yogurt.
- On top of the yogurt place your peanut butter and chopped bananas.
- Sprinkle a little cinnamon on top.
- Cover the container with a lid and place it to sit in the fridge overnight.
- Wake up and enjoy your new favorite breakfast.
- Be sure to like and subscribe if you enjoyed this recipe!
“You are a human BECOMING NOT a human being.” I heard this quote a few weeks ago and it really resonated with me. Due to this world being so fast pace it is so easy for us as humans to get caught up in the daily cycle of life, merely just existing and never truly reaching our potential.
I’ve studied several successful/happy people and one of the habits that they all share is starting each day with gratitude. Each person begins their day verbally listing out 2-4 things that they are grateful for that day. This sense of gratitude not only redirects the brain from thinking negatively of the upcoming day but it also puts them in control of their mind. Whether it’s being grateful for having a bed to wake up on or a mom who is constantly nagging you to take out the trash, it’s important that we see the good in every moment of life. Just imagine there are some people waking up on the floor and no one to call mom. Choose your attitude today and watch this motivational video.
Boy ole boy! I think it’s time for me to pack up my bags and head on over to Italy because this meal right here is Bonjour! Wait. . . that means hi. (Get it together Kierra) I meant to say hi BON APETIT!
Just look at it! No seriously, scroll all the way up and look at that picture again! Doesn’t it look so damn good? This cheesy quinoa recipe is my take on your favorite pizza, no bread of course. Grilled chicken tossed in a creole tomato sauce mixed in with sautéed spinach and cherry tomatoes is sure to satisfy all of your cravings with one bite.
Bring Italy to your kitchen by whipping up this dish for you and your loved ones. Recipe is down below.
Don’t forget to like and subscribe!
- 4oz of chicken
- Cherry tomatoes
- your choice of cheese
- tomato sauce
- creole seasoning
- garlic powder
- red pepper flakes
1. Heat up a pan with olive oil
2. sprinkle in some garlic powder or garlic.
3. Next add in the tomato sauce and sprinkle in cinnamon and creole seasoning.
4. Continue mixing and let the sauce sit in the pan for 1-2 minutes.
5. Add in the quinoa and chicken. Mix it into the sauce.
6. Now add in some red pepper flakes and sprinkle more creole seasoning into the mix.
7. Add in 2 handfuls of spinach and continue to stir the ingredients.
8. Once the spinach begins to shriveled down like shown in the picture, place cherry tomatoes on top and your choice of cheese.
9. To melt the cheese you can either place it in the oven for 3-4 minutes or place the stove on high and keep it on until melted.
10. Now, simply plate this meal up and enjoy!
Thank you again for reading my post, be sure to let me know what you think of this recipe and subscribe!
This speech by Steve Harvey had me in tears. He speaks on his personal journey of being homeless for many years, having faith in the unknown, and consistently applying hard work in all aspects of life. If you lost hope in your dream, I promise you this video will inspire you to believe again in your dreams.
Try saying the title 4 times fast, tongue twister right?
Any who.. Since I was a kid, curry never sounded pleasing to me. Possibly due to the one time I tried it and it merely knocked my tongue and nose off with it’s horrible taste and odor.
However, it is a new year and Mama (yes, I’m referring to myself as mama even though I have no kids) decided to show grace and give curry another shot at winning my love. And after rigorously studying (watching 4 YouTube videos.. I’m dramatic I know) I created my own curry recipe.
I’ve never been one to brag but … *brushes off shoulders* *confidently laughs* BUT I MADE THE BEST CURRY CHICKEN THAT HAS EVER BEEN MADE!! Ok.. not EVER but you get my drift. Seriously, this curry chicken is sooooo damn good! Make Mama (myself) proud and try this recipe down below. It takes between 15-20 minutes to prep and make.
- 2 chicken breast
- Cauliflower rice or brown rice (your choice)
- 1 red bell pepper
- frozen green beans or peas
- curry seasoning
- creole seasoning
- almond or coconut milk (your choice)
- hot sauce (optional if you like spicy)
- lemon juice
- red pepper
- Lay your chicken breast out and shake over a generous amount of curry seasoning and creole seasoning on both sides.
- Heat up pan and drizzle oil in the skillet.
- Place the chicken breast in and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side. (until brown) Then take the chicken off the skillet and place it back on the same plate.
- Now in the same skillet pour 3 tbsp. of curry in the skillet. Stir for 30 seconds.
- Add 2 cups of Almond milk (or milk of choice) in to the skillet. The color will began to change. Continue to stir.
- Add in 2-3 tbsp. of hot sauce. (I wanted my curry to be a little spicy but this ingredient is optional)
- After 30-45 seconds of stirring add the chicken back into the skillet.
- Sprinkle a little bit more creole seasoning and red pepper, salt n pepper could work as well.
- Now chop up your red bell pepper and frozen green beans 2-3 inches long and add into the skillet.
- Stir all ingredients in the skillet. (chicken, bell pepper, green beans). Let it cook on medium for 7-8 minutes.
- For rice the choice is up to you. I had leftover Cauliflower rice (which is healthier and taste better than white rice) so I just re heated in the microwave.
- After about 6 minutes squirt in a few drops of Lemon juice (2-3 tbsp.) into the skillet with chicken and veggies to give the juice a little bit of acidic. Stir.
- Now plate the rice and pour in the curry chicken and veggies on time. Then enjoy.
- Be sure to like, comment, and subscribe for new recipes everyday!
Imagine the sun is out, it’s a beautiful day. The birds are chirping. It’s hot but not too hot to where you start to sweat. You’re relaxing on the beach with your FAVORITE salad in the world. . aahh looks good right? Go ahead try a bite. Yumm. Now, imagine me crushing that salad and handing you an even BETTER one because that’s what I’m about to do with my lemon pepper chicken salad, ya feel me?? (I know you can’t actually feel me because this is a computer but you get what I’m trying to say) The salad alone is so refreshing but once you toss in the lemon pepper chicken, BABYYY not only is your stomach doing a happy dance but so is your entire body. Learn how to make your stomach do the happy dance by following the recipe below.
- chicken breast
- iceberg lettuce
- red bell pepper
- lemon pepper seasoning
- creole seasoning
- garlic powder
- Chop up 1-2 chicken breast. (the amount is up to you)
- Pour a generous amount of creole seasoning, lemon pepper seasoning and garlic powder on to the chicken. Let it sit.
- Chop up zucchini, carrots, jalapeno, red onion, and red bell pepper. (feel free to add or take out any vegetables of your choice)
- Heat up a pan with olive oil and pour in vegetables.
- Lightly season the vegetables with any seasoning of your choice. I tend to always stick with creole seasoning but you can use salt, pepper, etc. Cook for 3-4 minutes then turn off fire.
- Heat up another pan and drizzle olive oil.
- Place the chicken in the pan and cook it for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- On a plate take 2 handfuls of both iceberg lettuce and spinach. Then place your sautéed vegetables and chicken on top and enjoy!
- Be sure to like, comment and SUBSCRIBE for new recipes daily!
Can you remember what your dream was before someone told you it was impossible or that you couldn’t do it?
When you are chasing your dream it’s important to be guarded of the people you let around you. Small minded people won’t see YOUR vision. They are always the first ones to discourage you from going after YOUR dream. See the key word in the last 2 sentences? YOUR! You were the one gifted with this dream so why listen to what they have to say about YOUR vision?
For those of you who have let go or buried your dream due to fear or anxiety of what others had to say, I hope this video reawakens your ambition to become GREAT!