Missed me? Well, of course you did!
Boy does it feel good to be back! Mama always taught me to never go somewhere empty handed. And lucky for you, today I’m sharing my delicious, mouthwatering, FAMOUS (well let’s not go overboard but you get my drift) BLUEBERRY PROTEIN PANCAKES RECIPE!!
Now I know we haven’t met, but I’m warning you please don’t get my pancakes confused for your mom’s store bought pre made pancake mix ( Damnn… she talking about your mama) You dog on right, jk but I’m serious when I say this pancake recipe is made from scratch. Wait, did she just say SCRATCH?? Kierra you have GOT to be lying! Baby, if I’m lying god strike me down right now! *looks up and scoots a little bit to the left* But with all jokes aside, these pancakes will prompt you into becoming an early morning person.
Now I know one of the first things that come to mind when we think of pancakes and other breakfast meals that deal with syrup is fatigue and sluggishness. But I kid you not I had three or four. To be honest I stopped counting after the third, but lets just say I had A LOT of these protein pancakes and I still didn’t feel even an ounce of sleepiness. Ironically enough, I felt as if my body had been replenished with energy.
Oh… and did I mention even the homemade syrup I use for the pancakes is healthy as well?
Okay now Kierra you have lost it! How can SYRUP BE HEALTHY?!?!?!
Well, my dear naïve friend continue reading to find out how I made this appetizing meal.
1 scoop of protein powder
1/2 cup of oats
1 cup of egg whites
2 tbsp. of honey
- The recipe for the protein pancakes are pretty simple. In a blender blend protein powder, oats, egg whites, banana, honey and cinnamon. Blend all ingredients until it resembles that of thick pancake mix.
- Heat up a skillet with butter. With this mix I found I am able to make 3-4 pancakes. Pour the mix in the skillet. Cook the pancakes on each side for 2- 4 minutes or until brown.
- Make sure to thaw out the blueberries. In a blender place 1/2 cup of blueberries, 6-7 tbsp. of honey and water. Blend until the ingredients appear liquid.
- Heat up a skillet. Pour in the blueberry mix.
- While stirring, sprinkle in cinnamon and a few more drops of honey.
- Continue letting the syrup heat up for 3-5 minutes.
- Dish out the pancakes and drizzle on the homemade blueberry syrup.
- Ahh not just yet! Before taking a bite be sure to take your Instagram worthy picture 🙂
- Thanks for reading. Be sure to like and Subscribe 🙂