Try saying the title 4 times fast, tongue twister right?
Any who.. Since I was a kid, curry never sounded pleasing to me. Possibly due to the one time I tried it and it merely knocked my tongue and nose off with it’s horrible taste and odor.
However, it is a new year and Mama (yes, I’m referring to myself as mama even though I have no kids) decided to show grace and give curry another shot at winning my love. And after rigorously studying (watching 4 YouTube videos.. I’m dramatic I know) I created my own curry recipe.
I’ve never been one to brag but … *brushes off shoulders* *confidently laughs* BUT I MADE THE BEST CURRY CHICKEN THAT HAS EVER BEEN MADE!! Ok.. not EVER but you get my drift. Seriously, this curry chicken is sooooo damn good! Make Mama (myself) proud and try this recipe down below. It takes between 15-20 minutes to prep and make.
- 2 chicken breast
- Cauliflower rice or brown rice (your choice)
- 1 red bell pepper
- frozen green beans or peas
- curry seasoning
- creole seasoning
- almond or coconut milk (your choice)
- hot sauce (optional if you like spicy)
- lemon juice
- red pepper
- Lay your chicken breast out and shake over a generous amount of curry seasoning and creole seasoning on both sides.
- Heat up pan and drizzle oil in the skillet.
- Place the chicken breast in and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side. (until brown) Then take the chicken off the skillet and place it back on the same plate.
- Now in the same skillet pour 3 tbsp. of curry in the skillet. Stir for 30 seconds.
- Add 2 cups of Almond milk (or milk of choice) in to the skillet. The color will began to change. Continue to stir.
- Add in 2-3 tbsp. of hot sauce. (I wanted my curry to be a little spicy but this ingredient is optional)
- After 30-45 seconds of stirring add the chicken back into the skillet.
- Sprinkle a little bit more creole seasoning and red pepper, salt n pepper could work as well.
- Now chop up your red bell pepper and frozen green beans 2-3 inches long and add into the skillet.
- Stir all ingredients in the skillet. (chicken, bell pepper, green beans). Let it cook on medium for 7-8 minutes.
- For rice the choice is up to you. I had leftover Cauliflower rice (which is healthier and taste better than white rice) so I just re heated in the microwave.
- After about 6 minutes squirt in a few drops of Lemon juice (2-3 tbsp.) into the skillet with chicken and veggies to give the juice a little bit of acidic. Stir.
- Now plate the rice and pour in the curry chicken and veggies on time. Then enjoy.
- Be sure to like, comment, and subscribe for new recipes everyday!