For the past few weeks I have been hearing everybody and they mama rage about “Zucchini Noodles” not just about its taste but also the various health benefits that comes along with it. (listed below). So, I finally decided to give it a go and not only does it take WAY less time (6-8 mins) to make compared to pasta but it is surprisingly really flavorful and taste better than bland pasta! I paired the noodles with some of my homemade jalapeno and onion turkey meatballs tossed in tomato sauce and let’s just say the leftover noodles I planned to have for lunch tomorrow became plate number 2 and I had NO RAGRETS (Yes, I’m aware I spelled it wrong, issa joke). If you want to not only have a nutritious meal that can be made in less than 12 minutes than check out the recipe below. OKURRRR! Peace out and Remember to BE WILD. -Kie
1 Jalapenos (optional)
1 can of Tomato sauce
1. Dice up about ½ of onions and ½ of a Jalapeno.
2. Be sure your turkey meat is defrosted before beginning the next step.
3. I used a turkey meat that came pre- rolled, so I would typically cut off 1/3 of it and place the rest back in the freezer.
4. Depending on if you do or don’t like spicy food there are two different options when making the meatballs.
5. If you are NOT a fan of spicy food I recommend just seasoning the turkey meat with salt, pepper, garlic powder and any other season of choice.
6. Now, if you’re like me who LIVES for spicy food, this is your time to shine. *Biggie’s voice” BABY BABAYYY! I typically mix creole seasoning, red pepper, garlic powder and paprika into the meat.
7. Once you have completed the seasoning add the diced onions and/or jalapenos with the turkey meat and mix together.
8. Now it’s time to get dirty. Begin taking small pieces of the meatballs and rolling them in your hands to make small meatballs. I usually make 4-6 for myself. Let the meatballs sit for 2 minutes on plate.
9. Place your leftover onions in a skillet and add about 2 pinches of creole seasoning and pepper to the skillet. Then add the tomato sauce into the skillet and mix it together while keeping the fire on low.
10. In another skillet drizzle a little olive oil then place your zucchini noodles in the pan and mix together every 2 minutes for 6-8 minutes. Once done place it on a plate.
11. Now its time for some protein. Drizzle some olive oil in a pan then carefully place the meatballs in. Let the meatballs coo on each side for 2 minutes before flipping them over. Repeat this step twice. After the meatballs are complete place them on top of the zucchini noodles and then pour the tomato sauce on top.
12. Finally, to my favorite part, eat and enjoy!
13. Remember to subscribe and feel free to leave any comments or suggestions!