Spicy Jalapeno Chicken with Green Beans
Let me tell you… This chicken is truly one of a kind. Marinated in 4 of my favorite seasonings and chopped into bite size perfection, this spicy jalapeno chicken is a must have dinner recipe for everyone. And don’t let the word spicy discourage you from making it, I’ve also took the initiative in listing other seasoning options for you mild chicken lovers (shakes head in disappointment). This entire meal takes less than 20 minutes to prepare and cook. So, continue reading if you are interested in preparing this meal. *flips hair* (I know you all are)
Ingredients: (serving 1)
- 1 ½ chicken breast
- ½ jalapeno
- Frozen green beans
- 1 Red bell pepper
- 1 Yellow bell pepper
- Creole seasoning
- Cayenne pepper
- Garlic powder
- Start by cleaning your chicken breast with water. Then cut them into nugget size (about 2 inches) pieces.
- Chop up your yellow and red bell pepper into thin long pieces (1 inch).
- Cut up about 4-5 pieces of jalapenos.
- Grab a bowl and pour a generous amount of olive oil, creole seasoning, paprika, cayenne pepper and garlic powder. If you are not a fan of spicy try using garlic powder, sprinkle creole seasoning and lemon pepper instead into a bowl.
- After you have poured your choice of seasoning into a bowl toss the chicken in and be sure to mix it in with all the ingredients. Let the chicken sit for 5-7 mins.
- While the chicken is sitting place the frozen green beans in a pan with olive oil and cook on medium. I typically like my greens a little season so I sprinkle a little creole seasoning on top.
- In another pan drizzle a little olive oil and pour your red bell peppers in the skillet. Cooking it on low.
- After 6 minutes both the green beans and red bell peppers should be done and ready to be plated.
- In a skillet, drizzle some olive oil and dump your well-seasoned chicken bites. Cook on each side for about 2-3 minutes on medium-high. After 3 minutes toss in the jalapenos as well. Once each side has reached a brown color to it, the chicken is complete.
- Now place the chicken on the plate with the bell peppers and green beans and place the jalapenos on top. Now it’s time to enjoy with your family and friends.
Wanting to make appetizers?
Try placing the chicken and jalapenos on a stick and serving it as a finger food!
Feel free to subscribe, comment, and like this post!