Once I began eating healthy a food that was quickly incorporated into my everyday diet was avocados! It contains so many health benefits such as having lots of fibers, being rich in vitamins and minerals, decreasing risk of cardiovascular disease and being useful with weight loss. The best thing about avocados is that they’re so versatile from homemade guacamole to avocado and salmon toast, the possibilities are endless. Here are four different snack options with avocado.
- Homemade Guacamole
The best thing about guacamole is that there isn’t really a set formula to creating it, you can mix any of your favorite vegetables and protein to put your own twist to it.
Here is the recipe for my homemade spicy guacamole:
- Start by cutting up an avocado and placing it into a bowl
- Dice up onions, fresh or pickled jalapenos, tomatoes and place into the same bowl
- Then squeeze one lime over all of the ingredients
- Sprinkle red pepper and creole seasoning in the bowl
- Then mix together and BAM! YOU got yourself, Kierra’s Homemade Spicy GUAC!
But don’t feel forced to use these ingredients, if there is something you do or don’t like to feel free to add them.
- Black beans
- Tropical fruit
JUST HAVE FUN!!
- Avocado Toast
Simply toast 1-2 pieces of bread and spread avocado on top. Wanting to add more protein? Try topping it off with some egg whites or tomatoes.
- Avocado Smoothie
In a hurry? Try throwing in a half avocado, coconut water, orange juice, banana, frozen peach and strawberries into a blender for a quick wake me up.
- Avocado Chicken Salad with Spinach or Kale
By far one of the simplest salads to make. Grill up some chicken breast tossed over your choice of green and slice up one avocado on top.